Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Friday, May 23, 2008
Let me explain. Dan is wonderful. He is smart and helpful and just an all around stud -- but, he is horrible at remembering birthdays.
CUTEST STRAWBERRY JAM MAKERS EVER
BEST STRAWBERRY EATER EVER
*Interesting -- Dan found the Fruit Pectin in the garage -- It expired in 1987. I found this milk in the fridge, it expired on May 4th. Today was May 21st, mom's birthday.... ... I'll let you decide on what has aged the best.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Some friends of ours (Marco & Meredith) recently posted a blog entry about the price of bread & milk in Hawaii.
Dan and I were checking out at Wal-mart one day and the cashier said, "I've noticed people are buying less and less these days." So, I relayed to story about how much stuff was in Hawaii and said, "At least it isn't that bad". A little confused the lady said, "Well, isn't Hawaii still part of the U.S.".
I laugh -- but, it's crazy. Dan was born in Hawaii and he said milk has always been pricey. Back in the later 80's it was apparently $4 dollars a gallon.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Why? Well-- while we were apartment searching Dan and I spoke to a group of officers who told us about CMPD.ORG - you can check out crime "hot spots*"...
*Aparently, Charlotte is a crime hot spot.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Me: "GOOD JOB, DAN!"
Dan: "How did you do this semester?"
Me: "I made enough A's to spell my name!"
Monday, May 5, 2008
Just look. Yesterday, May 4th, was apparently National Infertility Survival Day, a national day... to celebrate as the website says...but Read on... It gets better.
Interesting facts -- in case you don't go to the link...
- Just like Mother’s Day, when all the hard work that goes into motherhood is celebrated, on National Infertility Survival Day, we celebrate and honor couples who are desperately trying to become parents.
- The holiday was founded in 2004 by Beverly Barna, author of Infertility Sucks! Keeping it All Together When Sperm and Egg Stubbornly Remain Apart
Also, for those of you who are not burdened with the pains of infertility -- here are some heart breaking facts.
- One in six couples (17%) trying to get pregnant will experience some degree of infertility
- Infertility affects 6.1 million American women and their partners
- Approximately 30 percent of couples who have a complete assessment are diagnosed with unexplained infertility because no specific cause is identified.
- More than 70,000 babies have been born in the U.S. as a result of all assisted reproductive technologies, including 45,000 as a result of in vitro fertilization.
* Dan and I are not infertile... (Not that we know of anyway... but, I do understand the feelings associated with infertility.)
Sunday, May 4, 2008
An interesting fact about Dan and I -- we really want kids. I like that. I mean, I like that Dan and I are on the same page when it comes to our family. Anyhow, that is just a little tangential and irrelevant.
I'm excited. I have one on-line exam left and them I will be done with classes for a few months. I feel like I haven't had a break in... forever! We have a lot of things coming up this summer. I think the schedule goes something like a week trip to Florida (with work) wedding, trek, wedding, moving, wedding, wedding... and then school starts. Gotta love those weddings. However, Dan and I did get Carowinds passes so, if anyone ever wants to go then we are totally up for the fun.
Besides the typical stress of life - we are really happy. I love being able to say that because for some reason people get married and seem like it is terrible. I reject all of those negative feelings and enjoy being with Dan... I mean, we have our moments but, typically end up laughing about them a few minutes later.