As you know Julia is here. She has been for a little over a month and I just can't believe it! She's a wonderful baby who would have been sleeping through the night if I let her at a week old.
This is how she got here:
1) My water broke at 6:00 a.m. (No Contractions)
2) We went to the hospital at 7:30 (No Contractions)
3) We got admitted at 9:00 a.m. (No Contractions/Dilated 1cm)
4) Walked around the hospital trying o start contractions naturally until 12:30 pm (No Contractions)
5) Started Pitocion (No Contractions)
6) Pitocion was up to 12 cc/hr (No Contractions)
7) Pitocion was up to 16 cc/hr (CONTRACTIONS)
8) Contractions start at 3:00 pm and they are ever 2 mins and lasting 60-90 seconds each.
9) Still determined not to get an epidural
10) 5:30, Major Pain, Major Contractions, Pitocion was taken down to 12 cc/hr, Dilated 1 1/2 almost 2 cm (Talking of a C-section)
11) Cry, Ask for Epidural 5:45 pm
12) Get Epidural
13) Check Cervix at 6:30 - 4-5cm
14) Feel like I need to use the bathroom 8:45 pm
15) 9:00 - Parents get there! :)
16) 9:05 - Dr. Checks cervix -- Ready to push
17) Parents leave
18) Room goes from mellow and calm to bright, crowded delivery room in seconds.
19) Start to Push 9:30 pm
20) Julia Arrives March 19th @ 10:02 pm
.... and we lived wide awake happily ever after! :)