Thursday, November 11, 2010

A few weeks ago...

I said I would explain more later. It's later (much later) and I should explain before I forget.

I don't doubt that I'm a good mom, even a great mom. There are a lot of things I have major insecurities about in life but parenting is what I was born to do. I'm fun, I'm patient and I seriously love being "Julia's mom".

However, I'm tired and even though I am a good mom, I know I could be a better mom. Julia's smart -- so she hasn't really suffered, but on days where Dan and I spend at school and Julia spends inside, it breaks my heart. Seriously, it makes me want to drop out of school and spend all day everyday playing with the funniest kid I know.

I had my advising for next semester around the time I posted my last post. My advisor knows me, and knows me well. She knows that if I don't graduate with a 4.0, I will feel like I, "just finished school". She said, "that baby right there (pointing to my stomach and the two walking around the halls (Dan and Julia) are more important than any "A" you will ever make. I know that, but I can't wrap my mind around the idea of making a B.

So, next semester, I'm only taking 2 classes. I'll graduate around the time Dan does (do I really want to graduate before him anyway? He might expect me to get a job.... (kidding).

Anyhow, that's my rant on motherhood. I love it. I'm excited to see this other child tomorrow. Hopefully, she'll have a name sooner or later.

5 More weeks! :)

No comments: