Monday, November 10, 2008

My Dirty Little Secret

A lot of people don't know this about me but I love
"BLACK FRIDAY".



It isn't one of those things you go around telling people because you either hate it or love it! I think Black Friday is the marketing greatest scheme around but, I also know that there are some very good deals!

This year -- I get to go shopping in Raleigh on Black Friday (and I already have a date) and I am so excited. I wouldn't know where to start if we stayed in Charlotte so, going home is the best option.

Last year Dan and I joined in the glamor of Black Friday to get a Christmas tree. Wal-mart had really spectacular deals on Christmas trees so -- we saw the add in the paper, decided we wanted and we were going to get it. We drove all the way to Brier Creek (b/c they are bigger and we thought they would have a lot more) and waited to get it. We got in, got our Christmas tree and checked out. As we were carrying the Christmas tree to our car I saw printed on the box, $59.95 (or something along those lines) the Christmas tree was not on sale. It was not a black Friday special and though Dan and I laughed at our selves .... and still do I still love Black Friday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought 'my dirty little secret' would be a bit juicier. I hate black friday, the crowds, ack, my head hurts just thinking about it.

RACHEL said...

i don't really have any feelings toward black friday because i have not really ever gone out then, just haven't had the chance. but glad you enjoy it, have fun!!

Unknown said...

OOH.. I love BF!! We are going this year to pick up a big screen! I think it's so much fun rolling out of bed in the middle of the night and standing around until the stores open. One year we were at Wal-Mart trying to get a $300 laptop and they ran out two people ahead of us. It's still fun though, and this year there should be some good deals. Our two big ticket items are the flat screen and a GPS. One for me, and one for him! Guess who gets what? :)

Sofia L said...

i wish i could get into black friday but i really don't know how to do it and no one i know likes to do it. i tried it once and we didn't get a whole lot out of it