Monday, November 3, 2008

Obama vs. My Drive Home

One more day....

I am SO ready for the election to be over. I got an e-mail today say that Obama was going to visit our school. Yippie....

"UNC Charlotte announced today that its College Democrats student organization will host Democratic Presidential candidate Senator Barrack Obama for an election-eve campaign event on Monday, Nov, 3 at approximately 5:30 p.m.

The event will be held on the Hayes Recreational Fields in front of Duke Centennial Hall and Grigg Hall on the Charlotte Research Institute campus.

ENTRANCE ALERT: Vehicles entering campus on the day of the event, Monday, Nov. 3, should use the U.S. 49 main entrance, the John Kirk Rd. entrance, or the Mallard Creek Rd/Mary Alexander entrance."


There was more but you don't care. My thought.... Really? Today? I think this is just crazy. If I were running for president or any other political office I would not interfere with the traffic patterns of college students who run late for class on a daily basis. I'm just saying, I don't have class on Monday but, we only live a mile or two from the school and I come home from work around 5:30 or 6:00. Here is my thought -- go enjoy a day with your family and your kids. Stay out of my way and please, leave us alone.

(Granted -- my irrational state is not only a reflection of this election... but, its a good excuse.)

Poor Dan has class from 2:00-3:15...

P.S. I would not be any kinder about the subject if it were McCain... Now, if it were Barr --then they may be on to something... (Kidding)

No comments: